Friday 3 July 2009

So yesterday's post was a bit of a rush coz I wrote it ages ago back when I first started. I had intended for my sensei to put it on the club's website but that was over a year ago and it still hasn't appeared on it.

So here it is.......all I'm trying to do with this is try and convince "golden oldies" that when you get to the end of your forties you don't have to start thinking about dieing. No sir. I am not going to do old. I am fifty next year and like to think that (now....) I'm in pretty good shape - still a bit chubbier than I would like but I'm on my way to my ideal size. Notice, I use the word size as when doing this intense form of activity, weight is irelevant due to muscle mass. I believe for every half pound of fat loss, you gain a pound of muscle or something like that.....so then it's easy to see why the scales don't seem to move when you're combining a diet with intense exercise.

Since then I've graduated from red to white to yellow and more recently earned my orange belt, which was nice. Next belt is green so they are starting to get dull in colour. Hopefully if I can master Sandan and a few other things I should be ready to grade again at Christmas 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment